1. Travel
If you're shopping for new camping gear, and you want the best price, you'll have a hard time beating Walmart's prices. I've surfed the Web searching for camping gear deals and comparing prices. Walmart doesn't sell every brand and model, but if they sell an item, it's invariably cheaper than everyone else. I'm not affiliated with Walmart in any way, I just believe that they sell cheaper than all the rest. If you're shopping for camping gear, check out Walmart first!

Online Camping Gear Stores

Comments
July 11, 2007 at 12:24 am
(1) Carlos says:

Wal Mart has good prices.But I would recommend Ebay. You can find great deals on new and reconditioned tents.

October 6, 2007 at 10:12 am
(2) beth says:

We have found some better pricing at Academy Sports on some items. You really have to “comparison” shop to come away with the best deals.
My best deal was on a Coleman BlackCat heater that I found on Ebay which beat Wal Mart’s price by 30%.

October 9, 2007 at 1:38 am
(3) Camping Larry says:

I agree with Beth that comparision shopping is the way to come up with the best deals. Although Wal-Mart might have lower prices on average, they don’t carry major outdoor brands such as The North Face, Marmot, or Mountain Hardwear. For that level of camping equipment, you have to shop around at places like REI, Backcountry, or Altrec.

June 9, 2008 at 5:31 pm
(4) Marta says:

Walmart is cheaper but they do not carry top brand names. Buying cheap is not always the best. If you want products that last, I recommend shopping around on the internet and buying.

August 23, 2008 at 1:52 pm
(5) Mike says:

If you are looking for good bargains and steals in general as opposed to looking for a certain item there are always the sites that have a deal of the day like Altrec’s, or aggregators for camping related items like http://survivaldeal.com

October 30, 2008 at 10:22 pm
(6) bob says:

go to hikersupply.com for the best deals

December 19, 2008 at 7:42 pm
(7) James says:

These guys have some really good deals as well as some awesome news and article feeds

March 9, 2009 at 9:09 pm
(8) Family Tents says:

Walmart probably does have cheap prices but sometimes you get what you pay for. I read in a forum where a person purchased a Eureka tent from Walmart and it only lasted a year. Eureka indicated that the tent was made specifically for Walmart to their specifications. I think you’d do better buying from an online site specializing in tents.

March 9, 2009 at 9:12 pm
(9) Family Tents says:

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I’d recommend buying a tent from a vendor specializing in tents.