1. Travel
Monica Prelle

What is Your Favorite Camping Luxury?

By July 11, 2013

Camping luxuries are for the campers who want to be extra comfortable, but even the most dedicated campers -- even minimalists -- like to have camping luxuries. What is important to one camper may be insignificant to another. What is your one luxury item you won't go camping without? Tell us about it in our latest readers poll: Your Favorite Camping Luxury

More: 7 Camping Luxury Items (That You Don't Need) | What is Glamping? | Take your Girly-Friend Camping

Comments
July 15, 2013 at 4:41 pm
(1) nanny says:

I couldn’t be without our potty and shower in our pop up .
We love the open air feeling with the screening too.
Go campers!!

July 15, 2013 at 5:33 pm
(2) Jeff R. says:

My Favorite camping luxury I cannot do without is a good mattress. Not an air mattress, I never had luck with air mattresses no matter how much money I spent on them. They all deflated during the night and I woke up with my back hurting so bad I could hardly walk for awhile. I bought a Cabela’s Deluxe Camp Bed made of foam. Unlike the air mattress which traps dead cold air beneath you and provides no insulation especially if you want to camp in Fall and Winter, it was the best purchase I ever made, it might even be more comfortable then my mattress at home! Great for car camping, the only drawback is that it takes up alot of room in your vehicle but well worth it.

July 15, 2013 at 6:27 pm
(3) Dan F says:

Two luxury items come to mind. First, our Eureka Northern Breeze Screen Tent with side walls. When it rains and you have to feed a hungry kid, not having one was a problem. You’re not supposed to eat in your sleeping tent, so we tried making sandwiches in our minivan, but that was a hassle. I brought tarps and rope along but often didn’t have trees in the proper location., so we bought the screen tent. We place it over the park picnic table and we make meals and eat in it., and play cards and games in when it rains. Make sure the table is clean and don’t store any food in the screen tent because critters will slip under it. At first, I laughed when I saw the article that a screen tent is a luxury item we don’t need. Try telling that one to my wife. We all love the Northern Breeze.

The other luxury items are cots. At first, I hated the room our REI comfort cots took up in the van, but they’re great for storing duffel bags, latern, etc under them keeping the tent way less messy. My wife and son use the REI cots, I use a Camp Time Roll A Cot (wide) with a Thermarest Basecamp Self Inflating Pad (large 25″ wide). The Roll A Cot and pad take up less room in the van than the REI cots. We sleep in a Kodiak Canvas 10 x 14 Tent and the cots fit with room to spare. The tent has no vestibule, so we like having cots for storage.

July 16, 2013 at 5:09 am
(4) Len Mullen says:

I like eating inside the camper — no bugs, no sliding dishes, and plenty of room. Our popup has a stove, a furnace, a hot water heater, and a frig. We can leave the table and couch set up with the four of us on the ends. It’s a great way to see the country.

July 17, 2013 at 5:08 am
(5) Drinky says:

Why not try a new bottle for yourself.—I recomend it to you sincerely.

Reasons to buy this Vacuum flask:

Comparing this new 16-Ounce bottle from Miu Color with the popular vacuum flask-Thermos Nissanís 16-Ounce on Amazon. You could easily find out that with almost the same fuction, Miu Colorís bottle has more attractive points which you may consider. These two bottles have almost same function, material (100% BPA free)and design. So you may have a problem about which to choose, following may help you about this matter.
1、Capacity: Miu Colorís bottle has a capacity of 500ml which means about 16.9-Ounce.
Thermos Nissan: 16-Ounce

2、Price: With the similar capacity, Miu Colorís 16.9-Ounce is $18.99.
Thermos Nissanís 16-Ounce is $28.49

With good product and customer service, this company wins high reputation and I am sure there is no problem about the quality, you will have a great shopping experience with this company.

Try this new bottle and feel it by yourself.

July 17, 2013 at 5:12 am
(6) Drinky says:

I recommed this vacuum bottle—MIU COLORô Portable Lightweight Outdoor Sports Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulate Bottle sincerely. Bought it last week and it works well. Compared with the inexpensive price, I like it better than the Thermos Nissan. It worth trying.