Ok, you've packed the tent, tarp, a sleeping bag, and a pad. What other items might you bring to enhance your comfort?
Shelter and Bedding (optionals)
- books - if you're a reader, there's nothing more enjoyable than getting comfortable in your tent with a good book.
- cot - for those who might need to sleep off the ground.
- comforter - on those mild summer nights you may prefer to sleep on top of your sleeping bag with a cozy comforter.
- throw rug - this comes in handy for removing boots/shoes when getting in and out of the tent and helps keep dirt out.
- pillow - there's nothing like the pillow on your bed, so bring the real thing with some extra pillow cases.
Okay, the sleeping area is taken care of, so let's next consider the essentials for setting up your campsite to prepare and eat meals.
Next page > cooking essentials