Vermont boasts to have some of the most spectacular foliage displays each fall. The colors here, as well as in the rest of New England, are nearing their peak. Time to plan that fall camping trip, or maybe even just a weekend driving tour, to get outdoors and enjoy some of the magnificent views that Mother Nature presents in the woodlands each autumn.
If the camping spirit moves you, then dig out that 4-season sleeping bag, dress a little warmer, pack some extra hot chocolate, and consider a visit to a state park, national park, or forest in your area. If not, it's still a beautiful time of year to just get out into the woods.
For planning a Vermont Leaf Peeping trip, check out:
- Vermont's Complete Fall Foliage Guide
- from VTWeb.com
- Guide to visiting in Autumn
- from Foliage Vermont
- Scenic Drives
- from Vermont Dept. of Tourism
- New England Foliage Central
- here at About.com. Besides a guide to other fall features at About.com, you can participate in chat room discussions with other Leaf Peepers or submit your own outdoor fall photos to share with others.