Mold and mildew can be a problem for camping gear, but with a little prevention it can be avoided.
Time Required: varies
- At camp, when gear gets wet, allow it to dry completely before packing up.
- Air out your tents, sleeping bags, and bedding on a daily basis.
- After the trip, be sure your camping gear is dry before stowing it away.
- If your tent is wet, set it up at home to air out and dry in the sun.
- Store your camping gear in a dry, ventilated area.
- After cleaning and drying it sometimes helps to use a fungicide spray on areas previously affected by mold.