This was sent to me by J. Gridley, "Bedrolls came long before the era of sleeping bags and are very snug and secure."
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Place poncho flat on the ground.
- Place first blanket with one edge down center of poncho.
- Place second blanket with one edge at middle of first blanket. (The blankets are thus staggered.)
- Alternate blankets in the same way, until all are down. Fold a sheet in half lengthwise and place it in the middle.
- Starting with the last blanket you put down, fold blankets, alternating in reverse order, until all are over the middle. Pin with blanket pins at bottom, if poncho does not snap together, or else fold under.
- Fold poncho over. Snap together if there are snaps on bottom and side.
- When packing up, put your night things and toilet articles inside and roll from the bottom. Tie roll with a rope and appropriate knots.
- Use old blankets. There is no need to spend money on sleeping bags and other expensive equipment.
What You Need