The Bottom Line
- Spacious vestibules (2) allow for gear storage.
- Weatherproof vents and mesh doors offer maximum ventilation.
- Sidewalls wick away condensation.
- Can handle intense weather including: rain, snow, hail and wind.
- Spacious and comfortable.
- The four-pole system takes a little while to set-up.
- Larger than necessary for two people, which can create cold airspace.
- 4-season single wall tent
- 2-person capacity
- 2 doors and 2 vestibules
- 4 internal aluminum poles
- 4 interior mesh pockets
- Average weight: 7 lb 3 oz, minimum weight: 6 lb 4 oz
- Dimensions: 87 (length) x 58 (front door) x 47 (rear door) x 44.5 (height) inches
- Area: 32.25 sq ft
- $499.95 USD
Guide Review - Black Diamond Tempest: 4-Season Tent
If you are planning a winter camping trip, the Black Diamond Bibler Series offers many options for 4-season tents. The Tempest keeps you so warm and comfortable, it might make you want to go winter camping more often. It is the best Bibler Series model for someone who is looking for a little extra space in a two-person tent. If you have dogs, a lot of gear, or prefer more room, the Tempest is a great choice for you.
The four internal poles make the tent bomber in extreme winter conditions. The single wall technology is not only waterproof, but also breathable; you’ll be surprised how little condensation the tent has when you wake-up in the morning, which makes getting up on a cold morning more enjoyable! The two vestibules are great for being able to cook under, incase of wind or snow, and there is plenty of space to store bulky winter gear.