The Bottom Line
- durable, rugged and weather resistant
- quality materials throughout
- easy for one person to set up
- plenty of room for two campers
- backed by a lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 6' x 8.5' x 4' (WxLxH)
- Weight: 22 pounds with all included items
- Capacity: 2 adults with room to spare
- Tent material: double-fill construction, 100% cotton duck with marine-finish boat shrunk treatment
- Floor material: 9 oz vinyl-laminated polyester, CPAI-84 fire-retardant, antibacterial, UV inhibitor
- Frame: 2-pc single-walled aluminum ridge, solid steel tension bars, adjustable aluminum uprights
- Zippers: YKK #10RC and #8CF nylon coils with nickel-plated sliders
- Door netting: no-see-um mesh
- Doors: 2 large doors with flaps that can be staked out as canopies
- Includes: tent, pole set, stakes, canvas tent storage bag, canvas pole storage bag
Guide Review - Springbar Compact 2000
In September I had an opportunity to put the Compact 2000 to a real test. We went camping on the Outer Banks of NC, and the first night there a good storm blew through with gusty winds and heavy downpours. The Compact 2000 did not sway in the wind, nor did we get wet inside. The rain had stopped by morning. When we rose from the tent, it was already dry. Rain flowed off the tent like water off a duck's back. Upon looking around the campground, I noticed that a few tents hadn't weathered the storm very well, whereas the Compact 2000 had come through the storm without incident.
The Compact 2000 is only rated as a three season tent, but I plan to use mine this winter.
Springbar claims that this is the best tent made in America. I totally agree.