The Bottom Line
- heavy duty and rugged
- quality construction and materials
- spacious with plenty of head room
- easy one-person setup
- limited lifetime warranty
- bulky and heavy
- Dimensions: 10' x 10' x 6.6' (L x W x H)
- Weight: 68 lbs (tent, poles, stakes and storage bags)
- Ceiling: 10 oz Hydra-shield™ cotton canvas.
- Walls: 8.5 oz Hydra-shield™ cotton canvas.
- Floor: 16 oz polyester reinforced vinyl.
- Hardware: frame - 1-inch galvanized steel tubing, Flex-Bow rods - 3/8-inch solid spring steel, stakes - 12-inch steel rod.
- Two large D-shaped doors with YKK zippers, four large windows with no-see-um screening and two roof vents.
- Large gear loft, movable gear pockets and 72x78-inch awning.
- Lifetime limited warranty.
- MSRP: $449.99
Guide Review - Kodiak 10x10 Deluxe Flex-Bow 6-Person Canvas Tent
Now that it was up, I stepped inside and realized just how big this tent is. I could stand erect in the center of this tent with my hands stretched out and not touch any of the walls. The two large doors allow easy entry and exit from either side of the tent, and the four large windows offer a good view of your surroundings. There are also two roof vents, so there is no lack of ventilation, and there are numerous hookup points inside the tent for attaching the mesh gear loft and the pocket organizers in a variety of locations. The floor is heavy duty and looks like it could stand up to use on rough terrain, even without a ground cloth. A foot-print tarp isn't available, but a standard 10' x 10' tarp works just fine.
Packing this tent was a snap. It came down in minutes and packed conveniently in its strap-and-cinch storage bag. No more struggling to get a rolled up tent into a stuff sack. The Kodiak storage bag lays flat, the rolled up tent is placed in the center, and the bag is wrapped around the tent and secured. Again, I was able to take down the tent and pack it by myself in under 10 minutes.
The Kodiak model 6010 is an exceptional tent. If you're looking for a heavy duty tent and you're willing to compromise weight for comfort, durability, longevity and quality, then you should consider a Kodiak canvas tent.