The Bottom Line
- a sleeping bag with arms, legs and a hood
- very comfortable to sleep in
- allows mobility while wearing
- more expensive than comparable sleeping bags
- only 3 sizes available - a good fit is questionable
- Temperature Ratings: bag #1 - 49˚F to 32˚F; bag #2 - 47˚F down to 14˚F
- Weight: 3.4 lbs (M); 3.8 lbs (L); 4.5 lbs (XL)
- Size: 62”x68” (M); 72”x78” (L); 80”x86” (XL). Carry Size: 13”x8” (M); 13.5”x8” (L); 14”x8” (XL)
- Materials: nylon taffeta shell, micro-fiber polyester insulation, reinforced nylon soles
- YKK zippers
- Stuff sack included
- MSRP: bag #1 - $149, bag #2 - $229
Guide Review - Selk 'bag - Sleep Wear System by Lippi
Getting into the bag is no problem, but I can't imagine wearing clothes while using this bag. I tried it wearing just my undies, and it was very comfortable. I toss and turn a lot in my sleep, and the Selk 'bag did not give me problems I usually have trying to turn over in my sleep. The bag fits not unlike bib overalls. You put your legs in, pull the hood over your head, and zip up the front panel to enclose yourself in the bag. There are zippered vents at the knees, a zippered opening at the waste so you can get into your right pocket, an adjustable draw string on the hood, and reversible hand-zippers.
Lippi Selk 'bags come in various colors, and they can be ordered online at Amazon.com.